It's early yet, but the early results from the Joomlashack 2009 Joomla User Survey are already sparking conversation about who uses Joomla, and how.
Launched 10 days ago, the Joomla User Survey has already received more than 1,000 responses, yielding a rich pile of data about many important Joomla-related questions, including:
- How Joomla users view GPL vs Non-GPL Extensions
- How Joomla security and bug releases are perceived and handled
- Usage of free vs commercial templates
And many more questions. Read on to hear some early results and to comment on the survey!
Haven't taken the survey yet? Want to be entered to win over $1,000 in prizes! Then take the survey!
Some early results
It's still very early in the survey, but the first 1,000 respondents are already showing us some very interesting results.
Here's a glimpse at the data for a couple of our 20+ questions. (See all the questions and take the survey!)
- 29% say "I only use extensions that are fully GPL compliant"
- 20% say "I'll use non-GPL if I have to"
- 51% say " Whatever works regardless of license"
- 28% say they "Immediately update every version release asap"
- 40% say they "Wait for problems/bugs and delay update for a few days or more"
- 22% say they "Update only when major security or bugs are fixed in release"
- 10% say they "Rarely or never update"
Where do Joomla users get their templates:
- 5% say they use a custom template outsource to designer
- 15% say they designed a template in-house
- 53% say they purchased a commercial template
- 24% say they use a free template
- 4% say they use the template that came with Joomla
We'll continue to update you about the survey results as it unfolds. Keep checking back to our Team Blog for the latest news about the survey!