Why You Need to Use Email Marketing
What exactly is email marketing?
It can be any number of things, at its most basic it is using email to communicate with your users, customers or stakeholders. Don't get confused by the word "marketing" here, I am using it in a very global sense:
- A information site might send out news about new content that has been added
- A non-profit organization might send news about its projects
- A subscription site might use a series of autoresponders to create e-courses
- A resteraunt site might send out coupons on a hot day for summer food specials
- A ecommerce site might use it to send follow up emails to customers, or emails to people that abandoned your cart
- A political campaign might send out emails to initiate donation drives
In the web today, if you have a website, then its more than likely that you need to be sending out emails, and don't even get me started on how you should be using RSS.
You might have read some of my reviews at Compass about various email solutions. I reviewed both Joomla email components and hosted email software. If you followed these, you will know I am a big fan of Intellicontact. We actually use it here at Joomlashack for our email needs. Why do we like it?
With IntelliContact 4.0, You Can Easily Create, Send, and Track Email Newsletters, RSS Feeds, Autoresponders, and Surveys!
All the Sophisticated Email Marketing Features You Need at a Price You'll Love
With over 6,000 customers, IntelliContact is a leading on-demand email marketing service. IntelliContact allows organizations of all sizes to easily create, send, and track email newsletters, RSS feeds, surveys, and autoresponders.
Standard Features (Included free with your account!)
- Mail-merge Personalization
- Bounce-back Handling
- WYSIWYG Newsletter Editor
- Message Scheduling
- Assured CAN-SPAM Compliance
- Open and Clickthrough Tracking
- Subscription Management
- Over 300 Templates Included
Advanced Features (Also included free with your account!)
- List Segmentation
- Multiple Message Autoresponder
- Integrated Surveying
- RSS Feeds
- Advanced Analytics
- Event Management
- Industry Leading Deliverability
- Public Newsletter Archives