JCal Pro is one of our most popular and bestselling extensions. It offers simplicity, flexibility, a robust feature set, and gorgeous templates to fit almost any color scheme.
One of the questions about JCal Pro features we heard this week was about JCal Pro's capability to administrate calendar events from the frontend of a Joomla site.
In this blog post, you will learn the best resources covering the frontend administration of the events in JCal Pro.
JCal Pro allows you to create a Joomla user capable of publishing JCal Pro events from the frontend of your Joomla site. Keep in mind that such events won't be publicly displayed on your JCal Pro frontend calendar. Instead, they will be listed:
- At the frontend page for a JCal Pro moderator, if you created one, to be reviewed and approved.
- At the backend on the list of events to be approved and then set for a public display by your Joomla site administrator.
Setting automatic event publishing in JCal Pro is a five-step process:
- Create a Joomla user group for your JCal Pro events auto-publisher
- Create a Joomla access level for your JCal Pro events auto-publisher
- Assign your JCal Pro events publisher user group the "Allowed" permissions for the "Create" and "Autopublish" actions
- Assign the required Joomla user as your JCal Pro events auto-publisher
- Create a frontend menu item for your JCal Pro events auto-publisher.
The events moderation works only for the JCal Pro events that have been previously already created and submitted via your Joomla site frontend.
Once logged in to your site frontend, your JCal Pro event moderator will be able only to:
- View previously created events
- Approve, or give his moderator's thumb up of approval to those events.
Reviewing and publishing the events pre-approved by your JCal Pro moderator still remains up to your Joomla administrator.
In JCal Pro, you can allow a designated person to create automatically approved events. All you will have to do then is just to publish them. Here is the workflow of this task:
- Your designated JCal Pro approved events creator logs into your Joomla site frontend.
- They click a special link, for example, "Add New Event", available only for them.
- They see a page for JCal Pro event creation and create a JCal Pro event.
- Once they click the "Save" button, this newly created event gets listed with the "Approved" but "Unpublished" statuses at your JCal Pro backend control panel.
- Your site administrator logs into your Joomla administrator panel and publishes the approved events to display them to the public in your JCal Pro frontend calendar.
JCal Pro allows to register event participants in two ways:
- Via the admin area. Site administrators create the registrations via the JCal Pro: Registrations page in the Joomla administrator panel.
- Via the front end. People can register themselves from the event's frontend page.
For step-by-step instructions on how to register a user for an event from JCal Pro: Registrations administrative panel, please see the JCal Pro Registrations guide.
To enable your site visitors to register for JCal Pro events, you enable events registrations in the component's global settings. Then you enable events registrations individually for the concerned events themselves. And lastly, you need to slightly tweak JCal Pro registration permissions.
Save $1000's when you sign up to Joomlashack's Everything Club.
You will get access to all our 32 extensions, templates, and Joomla training.