Want to learn more about how to build professional websites with Joomla? Then check out Joomlashack University, the #1 Joomla online training program in the world.
Thanks for purchasing a Joomlashack Pro Template. Now, how do you install it?
(**you must have Joomla! installed to use a Joomlashack template)
Pro Template Install Tutorial
1. After purchasing your template, log in to your account and download the file (Template 'Package') to your computer by clicking on the download button which corresponds to the template you want to download.
2. Unzip the file. Read more about how to unzip files correctly. For most Window users, this can be quickly done using your right click feature and choosing "Extract All."
In the screenshot below, the red arrow points to the folder which was unzipped from the downloaded package. The yellow arrow points to the "Template" folder inside the main folder. The green arrow points to the .zip file inside the "Template" folder. This is the template file.
*If you purchased a template that has versions for both Joomla 1.0 and 1.5, you will see two folders inside the 'Template' folder - we've included the templates for both 1.0 and 1.5 in your template package.
3. In your Joomla Administrator panel, go to Extensions > Install/Uninstall . (Screenshot below)
4. Click on the "Browse..." button, browse to the folder that was unzipped from template package you downloaded, and select the template .zip file. (Screenshot below)
5. Click on "Upload file & Install." The template should take a few seconds to upload. After the upload and install is complete, you should see an 'Install Template ' message. (Screenshot below)
6. Now you will need to set the template to be the default template for your site. To do this, go to Extensions > Template Manager,
select the template's radio button, and click on the 'Default' button in the top right area of the manager. If you set the default correctly, you should see a star in the 'Default' column for the template. (Screenshot below - modified to fit space)
Your template should now be installed and set as the default. Read on for important information about how to set up your template once installed.
My Template Doesn't Look Like the Demo - Template Setup
Once installed, your template will most likely require some setup, the depth of which is determined by how many customization options your template offers (different module formatting for example). For a look at the reasons why your template does not look like the demo straight after install, please see Why doesn't my template look like the demo?
For setup help with your template, please see the Documentation located in the demo for your template. Available module positions as well as module class suffixes etc may all be found in the demo. To access the template demos, visit the Template Showcase and click on the 'View Demo' link for your particular demo.
I couldn't get my Pro template to download- where do I go for support?
Answers to many questions can be found in our Knowledgebase.
For more help with installation, setup, and customization, please visit our Community Forum and post to an appropriate thread.