You may have noticed that Joomlashack is now running on Joomla 1.5. We did a stealth migration yesterday.
We had one problem we needed to address, and it took a while to figure out, so we thought we would share the solution for others.
Our old site used Joomla 1.0, as I have mentioned before, we wanted to make sure we did a 301 redirect of the Joomla URL's so Google would quickly pick up the new ones and pass the pagerank to the new pages. The problem however was that our 1.0 site used the raw URL:
We rapidly discovered that mod-write unfortunately will basically ignore all the php parameters here. You can't get rewrite to pay any attention to them.