This is just an update of some things to come in the near future at Joomlashack. We've been kind of quiet lately and thought we might share some of the excitement with you before it gets here.
- New Weblogic Joomla Template! This is our first 1.5/1.0 native template with a plethora of features. While we were spending the last 71 days building this template for 1.5, we said to ourselves, "Why not make all these cool user defined parameters available for 1.0 versions as well?" So we did. We've included the same flexibility of the 1.5 template parameters in the 1.0 version. We also decided to make the 1.5 and 1.0 versions as a bundled release. We hope you like it.
- New Flash Rotator coming! We're working on a major overhaul of this module which incorporates a new (customizable) navigation system, some new transitions, SEO features, and more. This module is about to get even better.
- The Joomlashack Developer Club is coming! We have some very loyal customers here - some who have bought one of every template we've ever built. So we're outlining a new system that will grant you access to an awesome community in a private forum, unlimited domains on all templates and to a library of mods and hacks for extending Joomla! and Joomalshack templates to a new level. I'm really looking forward to this. Basically this club will put you on the inside of Joomalshack and allow you to make the most of your Joomla! experience with no limits!
- SlideShowPro Update! Have you heard? SlideShowPro has done it again. A new release of the popular SSP gallery and Director. We're currently updating our module to be fully compatible. On a side note if you like Flash video, The FLV format is leaving! Flash Player 9 beta now supports H.264 and MPEG formats! SlideShowPro and Director already supports video and image management. Think of the possibilities we come into as users and developers around the world. Exciting stuff.
Joomlashack has updated its popular template tutorial to 1.5!
Creating a pure CSS layout Joomla 1.5 template
In this chapter, we'll go through the steps of creating a Joomla template. Specifically, we will create a template that uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to produce a layout without use of tables. This is a desirable goal because it means that the template code is easier to validate to World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards. It will also tend to load faster, be easier to maintain, and perform better in search engines. These issues are discussed in detail later in the chapter.
HURRY TO VOTE BEFORE FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26th!
Last year Packt Publishing sponsored its first-ever Open Source Content Management System Awards. Over 15,000 voters participated, and Joomla edged out Drupal to win the title of "Best Open Source CMS."
Now Packt is sponsoring the second Open Source CMS Awards. This year they've opened up the contest with multiple categories and larger cash prizes.
Joomla has been nominated in two categories:
Vote Joomla! for Best Overall Open Source CMS
Vote Joomla! for Best PHP Open Source CMS
Cast your vote today, if you can find the "vote" button on the Packt site. (It's on the bottom right-hand corner of the pages linked to above, below a short marketing survey. You do not need to do the survey to vote.)
Packt is even giving away Apple Nano Ipods to three lucky voters. If last year's vote count is any indication, your odds of winning are better than 0.0067%!
If you are curious about the new version of Joomla (1.5), then you should nip over to itidiots.com and check out the training video they've just published. It walks you through some basic steps in getting a site up and running. It's informative and even a little funny.
The Joomla Project celebrated its second birthday this month with Release Candidate 2, the second of three release candidates for Joomla 1.5. Check it out!
Read the official news
Get Joomla 1.5 RC2
Instructions for upgrading from RC1 to RC2
Discuss Joomla 1.5 on our forum
Vote for the Joomlashack Templates you want to see converted for 1.5!
While still not ready for production sites, the Joomla folks are feeling that a final stable release is coming sometime before the end of 2007. Stay tuned to Joomlashack for updates.
Joomlashack is currently researching which hosts people use, have used, or will never use again to host Joomla websites. We want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly to get a better grasp on the popular hosts, the good hosts, and the bad hosts.
For those of you who would like to take the time to give an honest and informative assessment of hosts that you have used, Joomlashack will give you a 20% discount voucher toward any order in our shop.
Post a reply in our community forum detailing your web host experiences, and we'll send you an email with that 20% discount voucher code.
Thank you in advance for your contributions!
How to get download tutorial
Were you a Joomlashack customer before June 24th, 2007?
Want to access your templates or other licenses again?
Need an updated version of your download?
We can help!
On June 24th, 2007 Joomlashack changed its license delivery system to a new online shop. Powered by Iono, our new shop does a much better job managing your licenses and giving you access to your template and other downloads. Your previous login name and password will not automatically work in our new system.
If you purchased a download from us before June 24th, 2007 using our previous cart system, and want access to your download, you'll need to follow these steps carefully.
1. Please re-register your shop account with us at www.joomlashack.com/shop and then wait for our system to send you an email to the address registered. The email's subject line will be "Activate your Joomlashack account" and the sender "Joomlashack." Please be sure to set your spam filter to allow any/all emails from joomlashack.com through.
2. Once you have successfully created a new user account, visit our Support Center and create a ticket. Please be sure to paste into your ticket the following information, so that we may confirm your previous purchase. The more information you provide us, the faster we will be able to process your request.
- Order invoice and number (sent to you via email from "sales(at)joomlashack.com" at time of purchase)
- Paypal receipt information, including transaction ID number (sent to you by email at time of purchase . Sender email address was service(at)paypal.com and the subject line likely was "Receipt for Your Payment to JoomlaShack Custom Templates & Services")
- Date of order
- Email address used for purchase
- Your name and address associated with your credit card.
- YOUR NEW SHOP ACCOUNT USERNAME AND EMAIL
3. Within five days, Joomlashack will review your submission and attempt to place new licenses for each previously purchased download in your new shop account. We will send you an email to the address registered in the ticket system alerting you that your new licenses are ready for download.
We hope you'll sign up for a new shop account, and take advatange of our new licensing system to keep your download available to you at all times, regularly updated with bug fixes and other improvments. If you have any questions, visit our Support Center and get answers.