We're releasing new versions of almost all our extensions today.
Many of the extensions are getting bug-fixes, but we're updating most of our extensions because we made a mistake.
- What was the mistake? Most of our extensions modified a core file: /libraries/joomla/http/transport/cacert.pem
- Why did we do this? A number of users with SSL certificates encountered problems when they tried to update or install our extensions. This was the workaround we used to help them.
- Did we screw up? Yes, absolutely. We shouldn't have hacked the core file. I apologize to you for this mistake.
- Was this a security problem? No, absolutely not. It was a question of following development best practices.
- Are all our extensions impacted? Almost all. The only extensions not getting updates are SimpleRenew and OSDonate. Those two extensions didn't contain the file modification.