Updating your Joomlashack template to its latest version is a three-step process:
- Copy your Joomlashack License Key
- Enter your Joomlashack License Key into the Joomlashack License Key Manager
- Use the Joomla extensions update manager.
Let's take a look at this process in more detail.
Step #1. Copy your Joomlashack License Key
- Log into your Joomlashack account.
- You will be taken to your Joomlashack customer's Dashboard. On the right side of your dashboard, find "Your Account Menu" and click "Your Pro License Key" link:
- You will be taken to the "Your Pro License Key" page. Copy your license key:
Step #2. Enter your Joomlashack License Key into the Joomlashack License Key Manager
- Log into your Joomla administrator panel.
- Go to "Extensions" > "Plugins":
- Find the "Joomlashack License Key Manager" plugin:
- Click on its name to open it up for editing and enter your Joomlashack License Key into the "License Key" field:
- Click "Save & Close".
Step #3. Use the Joomla extensions update manager
- Go to "Extensions" > "Manage" > "Update":
- Find the Joomlashack template you wish to update and select it by ticking the checkbox next to its name. For my demonstration, I selected the "Breezy" Joomlashack template:
- In the top left corner of the screen, click the "Update" button:
- You will see the "Update was successful" message on the light green background:
Tip: if you don't see your template listed on the "Extensions: Update" page, use the "Clear Cache" button in the update manager followed by clicking the "Find Updates" — Joomla won’t check for updates until the cache goes stale: