JCal Pro allows you to delegate event creation to a designated user from your website's frontend.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we will assign this task to a fictitious user Joe Doe.
- In your Joomla control panel, click Users > Groups > Add New Group:
You will see Users: New Group page.
- Enter JCal Pro Event Creators into the Group Title field.
- Select the Registered user group from the Group Parent field.
- Click Save & Close.
- Go to Components > JCal Pro to open JCal Pro control panel.
- You will see the JCal Pro: Events default page. In the top-right corner, click the Options button:
- You will see the JCal Pro Configuration page. Click the Permissions tab:
- Click the JCal Pro Event Creators link:
- Locate the Create in the Action column. Select Allowed and click Save & Close.
You are now ready to delegate front end JCal Pro event creation to your Joomla user Joe Doe.
- Go to Users > Manage:
- You will see Users: Edit page with Joe Doe's account details. Click the Assigned User Groups tab:
- Click the JCal Pro Event Creators checkbox:
- Click Save & Close.
Good job! You can now test how Joe Doe will create JCal Pro events from your site frontend.
- Create a menu item by the JCal Pro > Add New Event type with the title Create Event.
- You will now see it at your site front end:
- Login as your Joe Doe user to your site front end. Click the Create Event menu. You will see the Add Event front end page:
- Give your test event the Joe Doe Test Event title. Select its category and click Save. You will see the message notifying you that:
- Your event has been successfully submitted.
- A notification email has been sent to a JCal Pro event moderator (see this tutorial on how to set a frontend JCal Pro event moderator).
- Now, in your Joomla back end, open up your JCal Pro control panel. You should see the newly created event listed:
- At the same time, you will also receive "A New Event is Ready For Approval" email notification in your inbox:
Now is your time as the site administrator to deal with this newly submitted calendar event. You have options to edit it, export it to an iCal formatted file, approve/disapprove and publish/unpublish it.
If your Joe Doe user checks his email now, he will see the "Your Event is Pending Approval" email notification from your site: