Google News is an excellent source of traffic for many sites.
To help Google find your new articles, Google wants you to submit a specially-formatted sitemap which only lists content added in the last 2 days.
Here's how to create a valid sitemap for Google News, using OSMap.
- Create a menu item for the sitemap using "XML Format"
- Under the "Sitemap Settings" tab of the menu parameters, fill in the "News Publication Name"
- Go to Components > OSMap.
- OSMap will automatically create a sitemap based on your menu links.
- Check to make sure that all your Google News content is listed in the sitemap by clicking the "HTML" link. If your news content is not included, make a menu link to the content. OSMap relies on menu links to index your content.
- Now we can click the "News" link to get the Google News sitemap.