Joomla 1.5.10 released with security in mind
- Written by Tom Elliott Tom Elliott
- Category: Joomla 1.5 Joomla 1.5
- Published: 02 April 2009 02 April 2009
It's been a long eleven weeks since Joomla 1.5.9 released, and so Wohmamni is chock full of bug fixes and improvements. Most important, however, are the two security issues solved by the release, "one low-level and one moderate-level."
The announcement from the Joomla Project describe the two security fixes as:
- Moderate Priority: A series of XSS and CSRF faults exist in the administrator application. Affected administrator components include com_admin, com_media, com_search. Both com_admin and com_search contain XSS vulnerabilities, and com_media contains 2 CSRF vulnerabilities.
- Low Priority: A XSS vulnerability exists in the category view of com_content.