One Joomlashack customer asked how to open a popup window automatically when a visitor opens a page. Our "Shack Toolbox" Joomla extension is the best tool to do the job.
In this short tutorial, we'll explain how to open a popup on a page load using "Shack Toolbox".
Step #1. Install Shack Toolbox
- Install Shack Toolbox as explained here.
Step# 2. Create a new Shack Toolbox instance
- Go to Extensions > Modules > Add new
- Choose "Shack Toolbox"
- Choose the "debug" position, if available
- Assign the module to the pages where you want it to display the popup through "Menu assignment" tab
- Choose the type of content you want to display (e.g. Article, Facebook page, Custom HTML, etc.)
Step #3. Location and effects
- In the "Location and effects" tab, choose these options:
- Before opening: hidden
- After opening: Lightbox - Fade-in
Step #4. Enable on page load
- Go back to the "Before opening" section.
- Click on the "Advanced" button to reveal extra settings. Then set "Auto-open" to the "On load" option.
Below you'll have options to set more settings, such as auto-open delay, counter storage, etc.
Tip: if you want the popup to open always in every page load, set "Auto-open count" as 0.
Step #5. Check the end result
- Preview the end result in frontend. After the page loads, the popup should come up.
Save $1000's when you sign up to Joomlashack's Everything Club.
You will get access to all our 32 extensions, templates, and Joomla training.