One of the hardest things about updating a Joomla site used to be figuring out which module to edit:
- What was the name of the module?
- What position was the module in?
That problem can now be solved easily - you can edit your modules just by visiting the front-end of your site and clicking on them.
Check the Global Configuration option
- Login to your Joomla site.
- Go to System > Global configuration.
- Find the "Mouse-over Edit Icons for" option and make sure its set to modules or modules & menus.
Edit a module via the front-end
- Login into the front-end of your site as a Super User.
- Go to the page with the modules you want to edit.
- Place your mouse over the content until you see an edit icon. Click on the icon.
- Now you can update the module settings directly from the front-end:
Note: be aware this feature may work or not depending the template you're using.