Besides categories, Joomla tags are your best option for organizing your content. You can even consider Tags to be better than categories. A Joomla article can belong only to one category. A Joomla article can be associated with as many tags as you want.
Joomla tags also work across extensions. If you create a Content Category, you can only use that with articles. However, tags work with Content, Contacts, News Feeds, and multiple other extensions.
In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to create a module showing all the content that has a particular Joomla Tag.
- Go to Extensions > Modules.
- Click New.
- Click "Articles - Category":
- Click on the "Filtering Options" tab:
- There is now a "Tags" field present.
- You can now publish this module, and it will show all your articles (and contact forms, news feeds etc) that are using this tag.
Save $1,000's when you sign up to Joomlashack's Everything Club.
You will get access to all our 32 extensions, 20 templates, and legendary support!