The jInbound MailChimp Integration plugin provides the ability to manage Leads' enrollment in MailChimp lists.
The MailChimp Plugin install like any other Joomla Plugin
- Download the latest version of the plugin
- Copy the download ID from the right column, you'll need it later
- Log into the Joomla! Administrator and select Extensions - Extension Manager
- In the Upload Package tab browse for the downloaded file and select Upload and Install
Configure the jInbound MailChimp Plugin
- Select Extensions - Plugin Manager
- Search for mailchimp and select the jInbound MailChimp plugin
- Enter the Download ID found in the right column of the download area (this will authorize 1-click updates)
- Enter the API Key found in your mailchimp account area (see the mailchimp API documentation for details)
- Set your MailChimp Preferences (See Mailchimp Plugin Parameters below for details)
- Enable the plugin by setting the Status to Enabled and clicking Save
Managing MailChimp Newsletters and jInbound Lead Nurturing Campaigns
MailChimp newsletters and jInbound lead nurturing function completely independently.
In most cases either MailChimp or jInbound campaigns are configured, but for special cases both may be used.
This means that you can run the MailChimp and jInbound lead nurturing campaigns simultaneously, and you would need to be aware that the lead is added to two lists. The lead will need to unsubscribe from each campaign separately if required.
Managing MailChimp Enrollment in Campaigns
If you do not have the required field, make sure you have enabled the plugin as instructed above.
- Select Extensions - jInbound - Campaign Manager
- Select a campaign with which you want to manage MailChimp user lists
- Select the MailChimp Tab
- Select the MailChimp List(s) that the lead will be added to when they are enrolled in this campaign
- Select the MailChimp List(s) that the lead will be removed from when they are converted in this campaign
- Select the MailChimp Group(s) that the lead will be added to when they are enrolled in this campaign
- Select the MailChimp Group(s) that the lead will be removed from when they are converted in this campaign
- Save the Campaign
The jInbound MailChimp Plugin Parameters
- Download ID - Enables 1-click updates for the plugin, it is found in your jinbound account area
- API Key - Authorizes the plugin with MailChimp enabling communication between jInbound and Mailchimp (see the mailchimp API documentation for details)
- Email Type -Select whether to enroll by default to the HTML, Text, or Mobile style versions of the MailChimp template.
- Double Opt-In - Opt-in requirement where a subscriber must click a confirmation link in a follow-up email after they submit their information through a signup form.
- Send Welcome - Automatic email sent from MailChimp after someone confirms their subscription to a list.
- Send Goodbye - Automatic email sent from MailChimp after someone cancels their subscription to a list.
- Send Notify - When enabled an automatic notification is sent to the email address defined in mailchimp list email notification settings from mailchimp when members are unbsubscribed from lists.
- Delete Member - choose to completely delete the member from a list instead of simply unsubscribing in MailChimp.