What is a Joomla Template Framework?
The framework is part of the template. In its most basic form, it extends the default template capabilities of Joomla with some additional features.
Why Should you care what Framework your Joomla Template is built upon?
- If you want your site to load quickly, then you need to have a Joomla Template built with a Framework that's Lightweight.
- If you want your site to be able to run the latest version of Joomla, then you will need a Joomla Template built with a Future-Proof Framework that is quickly updated with each Joomla release.
- If you want your site to adjust automatically to the many mobile screen sizes, you will need a Joomla Template built with a Responsive Framework.
Are all Template Frameworks built the same way?
Other Frameworks have taken what we are convinced is the wrong approach. They have integrated tons of features that have made their frameworks bloated, fat, slow, unreliable and tiresome to update and maintain. There is simply a lot more stuff to go wrong in them and more stuff to update with each new Joomla release. Soon you start to realize that when it comes to Frameworks: less is more.
Why is Joomlashack's Wright Framework Different?
We believe that the Framework should be minimalistic - - it should have the bare minimum to load and function. At 1.2Mb, Wright v1 was already the most lightweight Framework out there: and now Wright 3 tips the scales at just 563kb! As a result, when compared with other Frameworks,
- Sites built with Wright load quicker.
- Wright-built Joomla Templates are always the first to be updated when a new version of Joomla is released every 6 months.
- Wright works reliably with the most popular and the obscure Joomla Extensions.
Wright v3 - Now Bootstrapped and Responsive and still as Lightweight as they come
Enough words... we'll let the Wright v3 DEMO do the talking.
A new Joomla Template Framework AND a new Free Joomla Template
That's right. Download the Wright Framework and get a free Responsive Joomla Template with it. Play with it, have some fun and tell everyone about it.
What module positions are in this template?
Wright supports the following module positions. View the module map for a look at the positions in use.