Shack Toolbox is really a swiss knife for your Joomla site. It allows you to display social media in a cool way. You have an option to display it:
- As a static module
- As a floating icon
- As a popup.
In this tutorial, we'll show you how to display a LinkedIn badge in Joomla with Shack Toolbox, the best content display extension for Joomla.
Step #1. Install Shack Toolbox
Install Shack Toolbox as explained here.
Step #2. Create a new instance of Shack Toolbox
- Go to Extensions >Modules > New
- Choose Shack Toolbox
- From the list, choose: Custom HTML
Step #3. Get the LinkedIn badge's code
- Go to your LinkedIn profile page
- Click in "Contact info"
- A popup will open. Click on the pencil icon:
- In the new popup, click on the Profile URL link:
- A new page will open. Scroll down and look in the right side for "Create a badge" button. Click on it:
Step #4. Add the code to Shack Toolbox
- Go back to Shack Toolbox module editing. Copy the code from step 1 and step 2:
- In step 2 choose the badge you like:
- Paste the code from step 1 and 2 inside the "HTML code" textarea:
- Choose a module position. We recommend debug if available.
Step #5. Preview the end result
- Go to your site's frontend and confirm the LinkedIn badge works as expected:
Save $1000's when you sign up to Joomlashack's Everything Club.
You will get access to all our 30 extensions, templates, and Joomla training.