JCE is a great alternative to the default Joomla editor. It offers tons of useful features, including a component to manage media files.
This is one of the main reasons we use JCE here at Joomlashack. In this short tutorial, we'll show you how to rename folders with the JCE File Browser.
Step #1. Install JCE extension
You can do this from Joomla backend.
- Go to Extensions > Manage > Install from web.
- Search for "JCE" and complete the installation process.
Step #2. JCE file browser
- To access JCE file browser, go to Components > JCE Editor > File browser
Step #3. Rename a folder
Here, you have the same content you usually manage from the native Joomla media component. In order to rename a folder:
- Check the folder
- Click the edit icon on the right side of the screen
- A popup will come up. Set there the new folder's name
- Click the "rename" button
Save $1000's when you sign up to Joomlashack's Everything Club.
You will get access to all our 31 extensions, templates, and Joomla training.