If you use Joomla, then you've had problems with embeds.
Before the launch of the OSEmbed extension, it was difficult to reliably embed any outside sources into your Joomla articles.
In this tutorial, I'm going to show you how easy it is to embed Facebook posts into Joomla.
Step #1. Install OSEmbed
Step #2. Get the Facebook link
- Visit Facebook and find a post you want to embed.
- Right-click on its timestamp and click "Copy link address":
Step #3. Add the URL to a Joomla article
- In the administrator panel of your Joomla site, open the content item where you wish to embed the Facebook post
- Paste the link of the post URL in the article text as you see fit:
- If you have the Pro version of OSEmbed, the URL will automatically be turned into a Facebook embed! You'll see a preview inside the editor:
Watch the full OSEmbed video.
Note: this post was originally published on January 5, 2016
Save $1000's when you sign up to Joomlashack's Everything Club.
You will get access to all our 30 extensions, templates, and Joomla training.