How to Create a Google News Sitemap for Joomla Sites
Google News is an excellent source of traffic for many sites.
To help them find your articles, Google wants you to submit a specially-formatted sitemap which has custom news tags and only lists content added in the last 2 days.
I'm going to show you how to create a sitemap for your Joomla site that Google News will accept.
- Go to the OSMap page and download either the Free or Pro version of OSMap.
- Install OSMap to your site.
- Go to Components > OSMap.
- OSMap will automatically create a sitemap based on your menu links.
- Check to make sure that all your Google News content is listed in the sitemap by clicking the "HTML" link. If your news content is not included, make a menu link to the content. OSMap relies on menu links to index your content.
- Now we can click the "News" link to get the Google News sitemap.