One of our members asked us this question:
"In some websites, the home menu is just an icon without any text. How can I do this in Joomla?"
The answer is surprisingly simple. Let me know show you how to add icons to your menus.
- Go to Menus > Main Menu > Home.
- Click to edit the Home link and you'll see a screen like this:
- Click the "Link Type" tab.
- Set "Add Menu Title" to "No". This will hide the text from the menu.
- Click "Select" next to "Link Image".
- Either choose the icon you want to use, or upload it here.
- Click "Insert".
- Save the menu link.
- Check the front of your site and the icon will be visible.
You may need to do some clean up at this point:
- You may need to shrink the icon to the right size.
- If a border is showing on the image, use Firebug or Chrome Developer Tools to find and fix the border CSS.