Social bookmarking and networking sites are very popular these days, and a must for those who wish to share their content with the broadest audience possible. Allowing your visitors to share your content with those in their 'network' is a great way to market your site.
This week we'll walk you through how to set up a tool to allow quick sharing of your articles in the most popular social bookmarking/networking sites.
We're going to use a plugin called Share This
Here's how you do it:
- Download the Share This plugin.
- In the administration area of your Joomla site, go to Extensions >> Install / Uninstall and upload the file to install.
- In the administration area of your Joomla site, go to Extensions >> Plugins and open the Share This plugin.
- On the right there are parameters allowing you to choose which services you would like to have displayed. Over 35 of the most common sites are included. You can also change the color and location to match your site.
- Enable the plugin, save the changes and start sharing your content with others.
One reason we recommend Share This over the alternatives is that its very discreet. Other bookmarking plugins take up a lot of space but Share This has only a small link that pops-up to reveal more options. There's a demo available here.