The Shack User Switching plugin is for Joomla administrators and allows you to login as any user, but using your own password. You can mimic anyone else's login and see exactly what they see.
This is enormously helpful for us here at Joomlashack. This enables us check what our users see when they login. We can easily troubleshoot problems.
Here's how to use the Shack User Switching plugin:
- Download Shack User Switching from your account here at Joomlashack. It is a Pro plugin.
- Install Shack User Switching on your site.
- In your Joomla administrator panel, go to "Users" > "Manage":
- Find the ID of the user that you want to give the ability to access other accounts:
- In the top menu, go to "Extensions" > "Plugins":
- Find the Shack User Switching plugin and open it up to edit its settings:
- Within the plugin, enter the ID within Safe Mode. For multiple IDs, separate each with a comma (ex: 843,259).
- Click "Save" or "Save & Close".
- Now you can use any Joomla login form (including the Joomla administrator) to login. Use the username of the account that you want to log into and use your password:.
This plugin has been incredibly useful to us over the years.
It's useful on lives sites, but also as we develop new features. Shack User Switching is invaluable when we need to test many different user groups with varied permissions.