Make Joomla Plugins Work in Custom HTML Modules
- Written by Valentín García Valentín García
- Category: Joomla Joomla
- Published: 17 May 2016 17 May 2016
By default, Joomla content plugins will always work inside articles.
However, they may often not work inside Custom HTML modules, even though those modules also have a WYSWIYG editor.
In this short tutorial, we will show you how to enable content plugins within your Custom HTML modules.
- Go to Extensions > Modules > New > Custom HTML (or Edit an existing module).
- Use your plugin. In my example, I’m using OSYouTube plugin. I add the URL of a YouTube video inside the text area of the module. If the plugin is working correctly, the link should be converted to a video.
Now let's enable the setting that makes it possible to render plugins inside our modules:
- Go to the Options tab.
- Set Prepare content to "Yes".
- Click "Save and Close".
- Preview the module on the front-end to confirm the plugin is working inside the module.