You can very quickly and easily build Joomla forms with our Shack Forms Joomla extension. Your form can be fairly simple, collecting just a name and an email.
With Shack Forms, you can also quickly build a more advanced form. One of our customers asked how to allow a form submitter to select their country.
In this blog tutorial, I'll show you how to create a field with countries in Shack Forms.
Here is how your Shack Form with a field for countries would look:
Let's get started.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we assume you already created a basic form:
- Open your Shack Form for editing.
- Go to the Module tab.
- Click Add New Field:
- Enter Your Country or any other text into the Field label field:
- Click inside the Field type field.
- Click Select list:
- Enter three sample countries inside the Values field, separating them with the symbol of pipe |. For example Country A|Country B|Country C:
- Enter - Select Country - into the Default option field:
- Drag-and-drop this field to be placed between the Email and Message fields:
- Go to Advanced tab and set the Load Advanced Select to No:
- Click Save & Close.
If you check your Shack Form now, you will see your field with the sample countries:
Save $1000's when you sign up to the Everything Club today! You' ll get access to all our extensions, templates, and Joomla training.