Over the last few years, we've been adopting extensions here at Joomlashack.
Almost all the adoptions have been a success. However, we always aim to be honest with users and it's time to admit that one adoption hasn't gone well.
Last year, we acquired jInbound. It's a large marketing automation extension that was designed to be a Joomla version of Hubspot, Marketo, Infusionsoft, or Drip.
jInbound has the largest codebase of any Joomlashack extension. It's also one of the most ambitious products we have. With hindsight, we've come to realize that it's too large and too ambitious.
jInbound does a lot of things. jInbound performs some tasks really well. Other features were well-intentioned, but not built to a high standard.
After a lot of internal discussion with our team and with customers, we've realized that jInbound needs to be rebooted.
The Future of Jinbound
Here's what will change with jInbound:
- It will be a simpler extension. We'll only keep the outstanding features from the current extension.
- We'll remove the landing page creator. This was a weak feature. Most users prefer to use the jInbound module and drop it into their own template or page builder.
- The extension will focus on email marketing. The goal of jInbound will be to collect email addresses and send emails.
- We'll drop the Free version. We'll focus on making the very best Pro extension we can.
- We'll change the name of the extension to "Shack Email Marketing".
None of these changes will happen immediately, but we wanted to give you a heads up before releasing these changes.
Jinbound (Shack Email Marketing) will become a simpler, better and more focused extension.