Update: We published this post in January 2017. I've updated it for mid-2018.
Over the last few days, we've been contacted by several Joomla users. These users were customers of a particular Joomla extension developer. The developer seems to have vanished overnight, shutting down their website.
This is not the first time we've seen a situation like this. Life happens. People get busy, create new extensions and services, change jobs, or may need to stop development for 1,001 other reasons.
But, if you don't want to disappoint your existing customers, let me offer an option: Joomlashack is willing to adopt your extensions.
You want us to adopt Joomla extensions?
Joomlashack is growing rapidly, has a strong support team, and an excellent development team.
Plus, we've done this before. Twice last year, we adopted high-profile extensions:
- April 2016: We adopted Tabs and Sliders from JoomlaWorks.
- August 2016: We adopted JCal Pro from Anything Digital.
- March 2018: We adopted jInbound from Anything Digital.
- May 2018: We adopted Shack Forms, Shack Toolbox and Shack Open Graph.
In addition to those adoptions, we've often built on the work of other developers:
- OSYouTube is built on a plugin created by Cory Webb.
- OSMap, OSMeta and OSContent are forks of software that weren't being actively maintained.
- Shack Slides, Share It and Easy Social Icons were adopted during our takeover of Joomlashack.
Your code will be in good hands.
Are there any criteria for which extensions you'll adopt:
Will we adopt every extension? No, but we promise to take a close look at every extension you send us. There are two key criteria:
- Ideally, we're looking to work with the current developers, rather than just forking a dormant project.
- The extensions should have current users. Otherwise, we're not really helping Joomla users.
How can I find out more?
Get in touch, and let's talk.