One of our customers asked how to display a YouTube video only as a URL link.
This is possible with OSYouTube Pro. The parameter that makes this possible is "Ignore HTML links".
In this blog post, I'll show you how to embed a YouTube video just as a URL
You will find the "Ignore HTML links" parameter only in OSYouTube Pro.
Once you install OSYouTube Pro, you will see the "Ignore HTML links" by default set to "No":
Once you enabled it, the trick is to enter your URL in the HTML source code in this format:
Let's take a look at how to do this in more detail.
- In your Joomla administrator panel, go to "Extensions" > "Plugins":
- You will be taken to the "Plugin" screen. Find your "OSYouTube Pro" plugin. Click on its title to open it up for editing its settings:
- Scroll down to find the "Ignore HTML links" parameter. Click on its option "Yes":
- Click "Save" or "Save & Close".
Now you need to open up your required Joomla page for editing in the "Source code" mode. How to open this mode depends on your default Joomla HTML editor.
- In TinyMCE editor, go to "Tools" > "Source code":
- In JCE editor, click the "Code" tab:
Enter your URL in the HTML source code in this format:
- Click "OK" and then click "Save" or "Save & Close".
Check your Joomla page with the URL of the YouTube video. You will see that this page displays only the URL, without the video.
Save $1000's when you sign up to the Everything Club today! You' ll get access to all our extensions, templates, and Joomla training.