If you use Joomla, you've probably used FTP / SFTP software to access your Joomla files. And there's a good chance that your choice of software was Filezilla.
Filezilla is the most popular FTP application in the world. It's free to download and there's a Pro version for only $19.
In this video from the Joomlashack Conference 2020, Robbie Adair from OSTraining shows you how to super-charge your Filezilla skills. She has tips you can start using now to more efficiently manage your Joomla site.
Here are some of the things Robbie covers in this video:
- Site Manager: This is where you can easily access all the sites you manage, and the storage locations you use.
- Bookmarks: These can take you directly to folders that may be deep inside your site's structure.
- Starting Directories: The first folder you see when opening a site.
- Synchronized Browing: Automatically sync folders between your remote server and your local computer.
- Directory and File Comparison: This links up to the syncing feature above. Files are marked in Yellow, Green, or Red so you can quickly compare your local and remote versions.
- Color Backgrounds: For example, you can use a red background for live sites, and a green background for test sites.