We held the Joomlashack Conference over 3 days in mid-November.
This was a free conference featuring 20 of the best speakers from around the Joomla world.
I was amazed at how good the presentations were. We're currently editing all the videos and posting them to the Joomlashack YouTube channel.
This presentation was from Peter Martin and shows you how to improve the Joomla admin area.
Peter's presentation has 101 different tips for improving your site. If you're a regular Joomla user, you may know several of them, but I 100% guarantee you'll come away from this talk with at least several great new ideas.
Video of Peter's Presentation
An overview of Peter's Presentation
Here's Peter's original description of this talk: "Joomla is a great CMS with lots of functionality in the core. For some new users, the amount of functionality and options in the back-end can be a bit overwhelming. What can you do to make it easier for them? Experienced users might want to improve their workflow. What can you do to optimize the back-end? Peter shows you what you can do to optimize your Joomla site for new users and experienced administrators".
I've given timestamps for the different sections of Peter's talk:
- How to customize a brand-new Joomla install: 7.50 to 10.10
- How to disable features you don't need: 10.10 to 14.20
- How to using Joomla admin filters: 14.20 to 18.40
- Taking advantage of Joomla's admin modules: 18.40 to 21.20
- Making the most of Joomla access control: 21.10 to 25.55
- Customizing the Joomla admin menus: 25.55 to 29.20
- Stick to the core: 29.20 to 40.10
- Questions from the audience
Links for Peter's Presentation
Peter also published the code for the Alternative Template Override that he mentions in Part 7. You can download the code at this link. It's a German website, but the code is easy to find and copy from that page.