In this tutorial, you will learn how to import events from Google Calendar to JCal Pro.
Events import in JCal Pro is a two-step process:
- You export your Google Calendar .ics file and save it on your hard drive.
- You import this .ics file in your JCal Pro component.
Step #1. Export your Google calendar
- Go to your Google calendar
- Click on the Settings menu icon:
- You will see a drop-down menu. Click Settings:
- On the left sidebar, click Import & export:
- If you have more than one Google calendar, click on the name of the calendar you wish to import to JCal Pro:
- You should now see the name of your calendar displayed. Click Export calendar and save the resulting ZIP file on your hard drive:
- Extract this file. You should now see the .ics file:
Excellent! You now have your Google Calendar .ics iCal file and are ready to proceed to the next step.
Step #2. Import your Google calendar to JCal Pro
- In your Joomla control panel, go to Components > JCal Pro.
- You will be taken to the JCal Pro: Events administrative page. Scroll down to the Import Events section and click the Choose file button:
- Select the .ics file you extracted in the previous step and click on it twice.
- You will see the file name displayed next to the Choose file button, as highlighted in the screenshot below. Click the Import from local ics file button:
- You will see the "Import success" message and the events listed: