When you create a series of recurring events, a parent event and a series of child events are created:
As you can see in the above image, the start time for the Team Meeting series of recurring events is set to 03:00 PM. In this tutorial, you will learn how to change it to 05:00 PM.
How to Modify the Entire Series of Events
- In your Joomla control panel go to Components > JCal Pro® > Events.
- Set the Select Recurring Filter to Hide recurring events children. This will filter the list to only show Static, Repeat (parent) and Repeat (detached) events.
- Click the title of the Repeat (parent) event you wish to edit. Adjust the parameters as required and click Save & Close. In my example, I changed the event title to Team Meeting Updated and its start time to 05:00 PM.
You will see that the start time JCal Pro update the parent event and all its children events accordingly.
JCal Pro® automatically deleted all Repeat (child) events and re-created the new series of child event based on the updated parameters I entered.
Note: Any instances of Repeat (child) events that have been deleted will be re-created when Repeat (parent) events are modified. You will then have to re-delete any unneeded deletions.
As noted elsewhere in the user manual, a Repeat (detached) event is an individual instance of a recurring series that is not identical to the Repeat (parent).
When modifying or deleting Repeat (parent) events, you must decide whether or not to also delete the Repeat (detached) event. Deleting or retaining these detached events is a matter of preference. These guidelines can be used to help you decide what option is best for you.
- Site contains very few recurring events and/or very few detached events. In this case, it's probably easiest to delete any detached events when modifying/deleting the parental event.
- Site contains many cusomized, detached events with cusomtomized event details. In this case, it is easier to retain any detached events when modifying/deleting the parental event so that you do not need to re-enter all the custom event details.