To follow instructions in this tutorial, you will need the following:
- A Joomla 3 site.
- The latest OS Campus Pro installed.
- One OSCampus pathway created.
- One OSCampus class created.
- One OSCampus lesson created.
In this document, you will learn how to move an OSCampus class page title from the top of the page slightly down the layout.
At the beginning of this tutorial, your title will be placed as shown below:
At the end of this tutorial, your class page title will be placed as follows:
Let's get started.
Step #1. Create Your Class Override
- In your Joomla back end, go to Extensions > Templates > Templates:
- You will be taken to the Templates: Templates (Site) page. Click on <Your Template Name> Details and Files. For the purpose of this document, I am using the Wright template. So, I clicked the Js_wright Details and Files:
- You will be taken to the Templates: Customise (<Your Template Name>). Click Create Overrides tab:
- Next, under the Components column, please click com_oscampus:
- Now, click course:
You will see the "Override created in /templates/<your_template_name>/html/com_oscampus/course" message:
Excellent! You have just created a stage for moving your OSCampus class title slightly down the page layout.
You are now ready to override the out-of-the-box OSCampus class page layout with your own.
Step #2. Override Your Class Layout
- Click html:
- You will some sub-folders. Click com_oscampus:
- Click course:
- You will see some files. Click default.php:
You will see the file's code ready to be edited:
- Select the following code:
<div class="page-header"> <h1><?php echo $this->course->title; ?></h1> </div>
- Cut and paste this code right underneath of the following line of code:
<!-- .osc-section -->
- Click Save.
Go to your site front end. You will see the class title now moved down the page layout: