It is possible to sell access to classes in OSCampus. You control access to classes using Joomla's default user groups.
So you can use any extension that sells access to Joomla user groups. You could also use Membership Pro, PayPlans, J2Store or almost any other Joomla subscription extension.
These are powerful extensions with lots of features, so this tutorial will focus tightly on the eCommerce integration. I would encourage you to read the Simple Renew and OSCampus documentation if you have specific questions on either one.
Step #1. User Group for Students
Your first step is to choose or create a user group for your students. In this tutorial, we'll create a new user group and access level for our training students.
- Go to "Users", then "Groups" in your Joomla admin area.
- Click "New".
- Choose a "Group Title".
- Choose "Registered" as the "Group Parent".
- Click "Save".
- Go to "Users", then "Access Levels" in your Joomla admin area.
- Click "New".
- Chose a "Level Title".
- Choose your new user group.
Step #2. Give your users access to classes
Next, we are going to restrict access to an OSCampus class. After this step is complete, the class will only be accessible to users who are "Students".
- Go to "Components", then "OSCampus Pro" in your Joomla admin area.
- Edit an existing class, or create a new class.
- Choose your new access level:
Step #3. Create a Simple Renew plan
Finally, we are going to create a Simple Renew that will sell access to the "Students" group. Users will join this plan will auttomatically join the "Students" group and they will be automatically removed when their subscription ends.
- Go to "Components", then "Simple Renew Pro" in your Joomla admin area.
- Edit an existing plan, or create a new plan.
- Choose your new user group from the "User Group' dropdown: