OSDownloads Pro allows you to send email notifications when someone downloads a file at your site.
By default, OSDownloads Pro doesn't send any notifications. You must turn them on in OSDownloads Pro. You also need to tell OSDownloads Pro to what address(es) you would like notifications to be sent out.
- To do this, in OSDownloads Pro control panel click the Options button:
- You will see the OSDownloads configuration page.
- Click on the Notifications tab:
This tab offers you the following five settings:
- From Email. Optional setting. If left empty, email notifications will be sent from the email address, specified in the same field in your Joomla Global Configuration > Server > Mail Settings. Otherwise, set here a different From email address.
- From Name. Optional. Works the same way as the above setting. If you are happy with OSDownloads Pro using the From Name you set in Joomla's Global Configuration > Server > Mail Settings, then leave this field blank. Otherwise, fill it in with a new From name.
- Notifications. Mandatory to be set to Yes if you wish OSDownloads Pro to send email notifications.
- System Users. Optional. Specify here if your OSDownloads Pro notifications will be enabled for Joomla users who are set to receive Joomla system email.
- Additional Emails. Mandatory. Enter here email address(es) to send the download related notifications to.