In this document, you will learn how to submit an XML sitemap to Google with sh404SEF turned on.
Submitting an XML sitemap to Google Search Console is one of the best ways to improve the ranking of your Joomla site with Google. When you install the OSMap Joomla extension, you will instantly get an XML sitemap of your site.
The URL of your XML sitemap will be in the following format:
However, once you install and enable the sh404SEF Joomla extension, instead of the XML sitemap you will see the "Bad karma: we can't find that page!":
To solve this problem, you need to ask sh404SEF to use non-SEF URLs explicitly for the OSMap extension. Let's take a look at how to do this in more detail.
- In your Joomla administrator panel, go to "Extensions" > "sh404SEF":
- You will be brought to the "sh404SEF: Control panel". In the top left corner, click "Configuration":
- You will see the "sh404SEF Configuration" screen, as shown in the image below. Click the "By component" tab:
- In the left column with components, locate "Osmap". Switch it from the "use default handler" to "Leave as non-sef":
- Click "Save" or "Save & Close".