In some use cases, you may want to create a drop-down field for your form submitters. And you would like to allow the form submitter to be able to select more than one item listed by this field.
For example, you may want to create a field "Favorite Pet". And you decided to add the following items to this field:
You would like the form submitter to be able to select, for example, both "Cats" and "Parrots".
Creating such a field is a two-step process:
- Choose the "Multiple select list" field.
- Separate the list items with the pipe (|) symbol.
Let's take a look at this process in more detail. For demonstration purposes, you will create the field called "Favorite Pet", as I described it a second ago.
Step #1. Choose the "Multiple select list" field
- In your Joomla administrator panel, go to Extensions > Modules.
- You will be taken to the "Modules (Site)" administrative page. Locate here you Shack Forms module and click on its title.
- You will see the "Modules: [Your Shack Forms module name]" page. Under the "Module" tab, click the blue "Add new field" button:
- Enter "Favorite Pet" into the "Field label" field:
- Find the "Field type" field and click "Text":
- In the drop-down list of Shack Forms field types, click "Multiple select list":
Step #2. Separate the list items with the pipe (|) symbol
- Find the "Values" field and enter in it your list items, separated by the pipe (|) symbol. For my demonstration, I entered "Dogs|Cats|Parrots|Fish|Horses":
- Click "Save" or "Save & Close".
- Check the form at the frontend of your site. You will see that your form submitter can now select more than one pet with the "Ctrl" key: