"Shack Slides" is a brilliant way to promote your products or services on a Joomla site. But when a visitor would want to share your Joomla article on their Facebook, Facebook will use an image of one of the slides of your slideshow instead of the image of the Joomla article.
Let's say you installed Shack Open Graph and left its default settings intact. Your Joomla site has a "Shack Slides Pro" module positioned above your Joomla articles. In this use case, Facebook will share an image taken from your slideshow.
Let's get started.
Here is a screenshot with a Joomla page displaying a slideshow and underneath - a Joomla article with an image:
When a visitor of this Joomla site would share this article on their Facebook, you would like their Facebook post to include the image from the article. But you click on Facebook's Share button and see that Facebook instead shares an image from the slideshow:
Let's take a look at how to fix it.
- In your Joomla administrator panel, go to "Extensions" > "Plugins":
- This will bring you to the "Plugins" screen. Find the "Shack Open Graph" plugin and open it up for editing. You will be taken to the "Plugins: System - Shack Open Graph" page.
- On the "Plugin" tab, set the "Images in links" to "Yes":
- Click the "Advanced" tab and click "Open Facebook Debugger":
- This will bring you to the Facebook's "Sharing Debugger" page, as shown in the image below. Enter the URL of the page of your Joomla article into the field and click "Debug":
- You might see the "This URL hasn't been shared on Facebook before" message. If you do, click the "Fetch new information" button next to it:
- On the next screen, notice the wrong image displayed in the "Link Preview" section:
- This is the problem that you want to fix. To do that, click the "Scrape Again" button twice:
- Check the "Link Preview" section. It should now display the image of your Joomla article instead of the image of your Shack Slides slideshow: