If you have a multi-lingual Joomla site, you may want to make its content in every language to be Facebook-friendly.
You achieve this with the Shack Open Graph Pro Joomla plugin by enabling Facebook's og:locale tag for every language.
Here is how:
- In your Joomla administrator panel, go to "Extensions" > "Plugins":
- This will bring you to the "Plugins" screen, as you can see on the next image. Click "System - Shack Open Graph Pro":
- You will see the "Plugins: System - Shack Open Graph Pro" page. Click the "Open Graph" tab:
- At the bottom of the page, find the "Include Locale" parameter and click "Yes":
- Click "Save" and check the HTML source code of your Joomla site.
- You will see the og:locale tag displayed now, but only for the default language:
- To include the og:locale Facebook tag for other languages, click inside the "Selected Locales" field:
- Click on the required language, as you can see on the next image:
- Click "Save" or "Save & Close".
- Check the HTML source code of your site. You will see the additional og:locale tag for your selected language displayed: