Joomla 1.5.7 Released- 1 critical, 1 major vulernability fixed
Are you keeping up with Joomla 1.5 updates?
The Joomla Project is moving along and fixing security and other problems monthly now, and it's important to keep on top of these regular updates.
From their news release, see what's changed in this most recent version:
- Several security issues were fixed in this release. There was 1 critical, 1 major and 2 moderate security vulnerabilities fixed in 1.5.7. For more information, visit the Security Center.
- com_content: Metadata handling; Alias not copied for Articles
- String Escaping: External links; Titles; Alt tags missing on images
- Blog Layout: Article Page break; new Left-to-Right option; Breadcrumbs; Archive Intro Text formatting issues; Section Blog Article links
- Submit Article: Article Order Drop-Down List on Front End Shows Archived and Trashed Articles; Preview edited Article does not use Template Editor.css
- RSS Feed: Publish Date fix; External URLs rendering incorrectly
- SEO: Index and Follow Meta Tag for Print View
- Show_noauth problem; Module Deletion after uninstall; Colspan in mod_latest; Copy Newsflash Module
- Name and Username in mod_login; Menu item is locked after closing
- Search: Textfield Width Parameter; Show Search Results option; Category Search
- Menu Access Rights Corrections; Menu Separator shows as Link
- Beez: Contact Image; Typo in Attribute value; Newsflash Article URL
- ja_purity: e-Mail and Print Button files; Default Article Layout does not display Edit Icon for Authors; Site Logo Text goes under Header background; Top menu
- UPDATE (Sept. 10, 2008): New function countMenuChildren() added for hiding empty split menus
- $row is not Initialized
- Help: Latest Version check; Help Key Reference Update for Modules: New Screen
- Configuration: Time Zone correction
- Media Manager: Base path missing slashes
- Sample Content: Outdated Links in "Welcome to Joomla", Newsfeed Fixes, several updated articles and statistics
- Installation: Remove confusing error message about language files for extension installations
- IIS 6 and IIS 7: JRoute::_() and Application Redirect() fixes
- Parameter Types: SQL, Textarea for Templates
- E-mail: JMail class ignores JConfig.sendmail path for sendmail; Incorrect SEF URLs for outgoing recommendation e-mails
- API: JHTMLSelect fix; queryBatch logging in debug mode; JSite::getParams(); strpos(); setMetadata creates duplicate meta tags; $row is not initialized
- XML-RPC client ID is too high; Profiling J1.5 framework; $row is not initialized
- Cache: JCacheStorageFile::gc flawed logic in cache expiry; Clean Cache file with Cache Manager
Be sure to upgrade today.