How to Use Marker Clustering in Shack Locations Pro
- Written by Alex Smirnov Alex Smirnov
- Category: Joomla Components Joomla Components
- Published: 21 September 2018 21 September 2018
Shack Locations allows you to create a map directory on your Joomla site. Using Shack Locations, you can display multiple places on a map, each with their own custom marker.
Shack Locations Pro offers a ton of extra, really cool features. One of these features is "Marker Clustering". This enables you to group markers together if you have multiple locations that are close to one another.
You don't need to set up anything in your Shack Locations Pro for this feature to work. When you install your Shack Locations Pro, it automatically installs and enables the Markerclusters for Shack Locations plugin.
Use case: Soroptimist Clubs map directory
Let's take a look at how marker clustering in Shack Locations Pro works on a live site.
- Go to the Soroptimist Clubs finder map directory page.
You will see:
- The Soroptimist Clubs map directory map itself.
- The Soroptimist Clubs map directory legend. Please, note that all its checkboxes are empty.
There are no markers displayed on the map. This is because the legend's checkboxes next to the names of the regions are empty.
- Click inside the checkbox next to New Zealand Central:
You will see the six markers of the Soroptimist Clubs in the New Zealand Central area:
Four of the six markers are numbered. Numbered Shack Locations Pro markers represent clusters of closely located clubs.
The number inside the marker tells you how many clubs have been clustered. Let's check it out.
- Click on the marker above the Wellington area:
Shack Location Pro will zoom in the Wellington area. There you will see four markers. This time the markers are not numbered. This time each of them represents a single club location.
As the number within the marker suggested, there are four Soroptimist clubs in the Wellington area:
Shack Locations Pro marker clustering is a handy feature. It intelligently ensures that your map directory will include all of your locations. It will include them regardless of how close to each other they may be located.
- Joomlashack Adopts the FocalPoint Mapping Extension
- Shack Locations is Now Live at Joomlashack
- What Is a Locations Type in Shack Locations?
- What Is a Legend in Shack Locations?
- Shack Locations Demo
- Shack Locations Documentation
Save $1000's when you sign up to the Everything Club today! You' ll get access to all our extensions, templates, and Joomla training.