How to Embed Google Sheets in Joomla
Google's Sheets product is their version of Microsoft Excel.
It's a powerful tool, and one that is suprisingly easy to use with Joomla. I'm going to show you how to embed Google Sheets into your Joomla site with just a URL.
You can also send Joomla forms results directly to Google Sheets.
Step #1. Install OSEmbed
- You can download OSEmbed from Joomlashack. Choose the Pro options for Google Sheets embeds.
- Install OSEmbed into your site.
Step #2. Get the Google Sheets URL
- Visit drive.google.com and find the spreadsheet you want to embed.
- Go to the "File" menu then "Publish to Web".
- We now need to change who can access the document. Click the "Publish" link:
- Copy the link in the box:
- Go to your Joomla site and login.
- Add the Google Sheets URL to a Joomla article:
The URL will automatically be turned into a working Google spreadsheet! You'll see a preview inside the editor:
The Google spreadsheet embed will work perfectly on the front of your site.