Google's Sheets product is their version of Microsoft Excel.
Here at Joomlashack, we have a lot of members who rely on spreadsheets so we created tools to help. Did you know you can also send Joomla forms results directly to Google Sheets? Did you know that you can easily import and display spreadsheets with Shack Spreadsheets?
Google Sheets is a powerful tool and one that is surprisingly easy to use with Joomla. I'm going to show you how to embed Google Sheets into your Joomla site with just a URL.
Step #1. Install OSEmbed Pro
- You can download OSEmbed from here at Joomlashack. Choose the Pro option which has support for Google Sheets embeds.
- Install OSEmbed Pro into your site.
Step #2. Get the Google Sheets URL
- Visit drive.google.com and find the spreadsheet you want to embed.
- Go to the "File" menu then "Publish to Web".
- We now need to change who can access the document. Click the "Publish" link:
- Copy the link in the box:
Step #3. Add the Google Sheets URL to a Joomla article
- Go to your Joomla site and log in.
- Add the Google Sheets URL to a Joomla article:
The URL will automatically be turned into a working Google spreadsheet! You'll see a preview inside the editor:
The Google spreadsheet embed will work perfectly on the front of your site.