Turn Your Joomla Error Reporting to Maximum
You enable your Joomla error reporting to maximum to monitor in real time when PHP problems occur. From there you can take step by step procedures to find the cause of the problem.
This tutorial will take you step-by-step on how to change your Joomla Error Reporting setting to its Maximum option. You will learn to do this either from your Joomla administrator panel or using Joomla configuration.php file.
Option #1. Using the Joomla Admin Area
- Go to either http://yoursite.com/administrator or localhost/yoursite/administrator.
- Log into your Joomla admnistrative Control Panel:
- Go to System > Global Configuration:
You will see the Global Configuration administrative page.
- Click on the Server tab
- Locate the Error Reporting setting and click the System Default option
- Scroll down the list of options and click the Maximum
- Click Save or Save & Close:
And you're done. :-)
Option #2. Using Joomla configuration.php file
You can also easily set Joomla PHP error reporting to Maximum by changing a single line in your Joomla configuration.php file.
- In your Joomla control panel, change the Error Reporting from Maximum back to System Default.
- Locate configuration.php file in the folder, where you installed your Joomla.
- This is how it may look in your Joomla folder tree if you are working on your Joomla web site on your local computer:
- And this is how it may look in your Joomla folder tree if you are working on your site on a remote hosting:
- Open this file for editing and find the public $error_reporting = 'default'; line:
- Change 'default' to 'maximum' and save the file:
- In your Joomla administrative control panel go to System > Global Configuration > tab Server > setting Error Reporting. You will see that it has now changed from the System Default to Maximum, just as you set in your configuration.php file:
Congratulations! You now know how to switch your Joomla error reporting from System Default to Maximum using either Joomla administrative control panel or Joomla configuration.php file.