One of our Joomlashack members asked this question:
How do I control the meta title on my Joomla homepage?
They wanted to have a meta title for search engines that would have a similar format to the one on this site: "Joomla, Drupal and WordPress Training - OSTraining".
In this tutorial, we'll show you how to control the metadata on your Joomla homepage.
- Go to the "Menus" link in your Joomla site.
- Find the Joomla menu with the gold star. This indicates that this menu contains the link to your homepage:
- Find the menu link with the gold star. This is the link to your homepage.
- Open the menu link with the gold star and click on "Page Display Options":
- Put your homepage title into the "Browser Page Title" field.
- Set "Show Page Heading" to No.
- If you want to control the rest of the meta description and keywords for the homepage, click the "Metadata" tab.
- Save the menu link.
- Go to System > Global Configuration.
- Make sure the Site Name is entered correctly.
- Change the "Include Site Name in Page Titles" setting:
The settings we've shown you in this tutorial will produce a homepage title in this format: "Browser Page Title - Site Name".