It's possible to customize the Joomla admin area for your users.
In particular, it can be useful to customize the control panel that users see when they first login.
Here's how to modify the Joomla admin area to show the information that you or your client require:
- Go to Extensions > Modules
- In the dropdown menu, choose "Administrator" instead of "Site":
- Click the green "New" button.
- Choose the module you want to add for your users. I'm going to choose "Custom":
- Create your module as you would normally do:
- For the position, look for options available. In this example, I'm going to choose "cpanel".
- If you want the module to appear high up on the screen, set a number such as "1" or "2" for "Order". This post has more on reordering items in Joomla.
- Save the module.
- Your new module will appear on the control panel: