Shack Article Manager is the best extension to write and manage Joomla articles from your site frontend.
One of our customers asked how to keep their Shack Article Manager pages as clean as possible. They wanted to hide any modules on Shack Article Manager screens. In this blog post, I'll show you how to achieve this with Advanced Module Manager from RegurlarLabs.com.
This is a four-step process:
- Download free Advanced Module Manager here and install it.
- Open the module you wish to hide from Shack Article Manager pages.
- Scroll to the "URL" section, click "Exclude" and type manage-articles and submit-article into the field. Click "Save & Close".
- Repeat the above steps for the rest of the modules you wish to hide from Shack Article Manager pages.
Let's take a look at this process in more detail.
Step #1. Install Advanced Module Manager
- Download the Free version of Advanced Module Manager Joomla extension from its developer site here.
- In your Joomla administrator panel, go to Extensions > Manage and install Advanced Module Manager.
Excellent! Advanced Module Manager is now your default Joomla module manager. You are ready to take advantage of one of its smart features and hide the required modules from selected pages.
Step #2. Open the module you wish to hide from Shack Article Manager pages
- Go to Extensions > Modules.
- Click on the title of the module you wish to hide. For the purpose of my tutorial, I will hide the "About Joomla" and then "This Site" sample modules:
- Locate the module you wish to hide from Shack Article Manager pages and click on its title.
Good job! You are ready to make use of the Advanced Module Manager power and hide this module from selected pages.
Step #3. Hide the module from Shack Article Manager pages
- Click on the "Assignments" tab:
- Locate the "URL" setting and click "Exclude".
- Type manage-articles and submit-article into the "URL matches" text box:
- Click "Save & Close".
Wonderful! Now go to your Shack Article Manager page. You will see that this module doesn't appear on Shack Article Manager main page:
- Click the "New Article" button. You will see that this module has also gone from the article creation page:
Step #4. Repeat the same steps for the rest of the required modules
- If you have more modules you wish to hide from Shack Article Manager frontend pages, repeat the above steps.
Want to get Shack Article Manager (and more?!)
Save $1000's when you sign up to the Everything Club today! You' ll get access to all our extensions, templates, and Joomla training.