Shack Forms Pro is the easiest and most powerful way to add forms to your Joomla site.
With Shack Forms, you can integrate your Joomla forms with Google Sheets. If you enable this integration, every time someone submits a Shack Form, their data will automatically be sent to your Google Sheet.
This integration can be incredibly useful if you need to share or analyze the data sent via your forms. Google Sheets has all the power of a spreadsheet, and can also make your data pop with colorful charts and graphs.
This guide will show you how to send Shack Forms entries to Google Sheets.
First, you will need some preparation before attempting this tutorial:
- Have a Shack Form created and ready to use.
- Have a Google account and create a blank Google Sheet.
Now let's show you how to connect your Shack Form to your Google Sheet.
Connecting Shack Forms to Google Sheets
- Inside your Shack Forms module, click the "Integrations" tab.
- Click "Yes" for the "Insert form data into a spreadsheet" setting.
- Click the "Grant access" button in the "Google API Access Code" setting.
- Google will require you to approve access to your account. Click "Allow":
- Google will give you a code. You want to copy that code:
- Go back to Shack Forms and paste this code into your "Google API Access Code" field
- Save your module.
- Ggoo back to the "Integrations" tab and your "Google API Access Code" box should now show in green. The label will show a green checkmark and the "Has access" message.
- Go to your Google Sheets account and find the ID number of your sheet. It will be in the URL of the spreadsheet, which looks like this:
- For the ID, you should copy the part of the URL between the
/edit. This part is the ID of your Google Spreadsheet document. In my example above, the ID is
- Enter this ID into the "Document ID" field:
- Click "Get columns names".
- You should now see that Shack Forms connects to Google Sheets and fills in the columns:
- Click "Save" or "Save & Close".
- Test your Shack Form. Go to the front of your site and fill in the details:
- You will see that the form's data has been sent directly to Google Sheets:
Save $1000's when you sign up to Joomlashack's Everything Club.
You will get access to all our extensions, templates, and Joomla training.