"Shack Forms" is now a component and a module. In this tutorial, you will learn how to update from "Perfect AJAX Popup Contact Form" to "Shack Forms".
Please take a site backup before proceeding. We have had no reported problems during the update process, but it's always good practice to take a backup first.
- Download "Shack Forms" from your customer dashboard here at Joomlashack.com:
- In your Joomla administrator panel, go to "Extensions" > "Manage" > "Manage":
- You will be taken to the "Extensions: Manage" screen. Take note of the module name being "Perfect AJAX Popup Contact Form:
Let's update it to "Shack Forms".
- Go to "Extensions" > "Manage":
- Under the "Upload Package File" tab, click on the green button:
- Find your "Shack Forms" installation pack that you downloaded previously. Click twice on its name. After a brief activity on your screen, you should see the messages about successful update and installation:
Let's doublecheck that you did update to "Shack Forms".
- Go to "Components". You will see the "Shack Forms Pro" menu item:
This confirms that your update did install "Shack Forms" component. Let's check if the update replaced your "Perfect AJAX Popup Contact Form" module with the "Shack Forms" one.
- Go once again to "Extensions" > "Manage" > "Manage". Search for "perfect". You will see that there is no such an extension installed on your Joomla site anymore:
- Search for "shack". You will see two entries with "Shack Forms Pro". One entry will be for your frontend "Shack Forms Pro" module. The second entry will be for your backend "Shack Form Pro" component:
Congratulations! You just updated your "Perfect AJAX Popup Contact Form" to "Shack Forms".
Save $1000's when you sign up to Joomlashack's Everything Club.
You will get access to all our 32 extensions, templates, and Joomla training.