- Written by Barrie North
- 10 Steps to Mastering Joomla
- Why do you need a website, and why use Joomla
- What actually is Joomla?
- How do I install Joomla?
- How should I set up my site?
- Picking a Template
- Organizing Content
- Creating Navigation
- How can I add features to my site?
- How can I make Joomla better for SEO?
- How do I keep my site updated, and what lies ahead for Joomla 1.6
- All Pages
You think you need a website... but why?
Unless you have clear goals, your website will not have any focus, and not contribute to your organization's goals.
- A restaurant might want to increase onsite foot traffic
- A non-profit might want to increase donations
- A consultant might want to increase sales leads
- A school might want to communicate better with parents
But unless you identify your goals, you are building your site blindfolded!
But what shall I use?
Joomla, Drupal or Wordpress?
Joking aside, Joomla is an excellent solution that lies in the middle of Wordpress's ease of use and the flexibility of Drupal.
- How to Choose Between Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress (compassdesigns.net)
- Comparing Wordpress, Joomla, and Drupal (CMS Report)
- Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal - Which CMS should you choose? (goodwebpractices.com)