Many of us make a living by providing Joomla services:
- Here at Joomlashack, we build extensions and templates.
- If you run a web agency, you probably do some combination of custom coding, marketing work, and site maintenance.
All of us need to be in regular contact with our customers:
- Here at Joomlashack, we send regular newsletters with Joomla information.
- If you run a web agency, you may send reports to show your value to customers.
If you're looking for an excellent way to provide reports for your agency customers, give Watchful.net a try. They have a reports feature that you can white-label. This means that your customers get a stylish PDF with their site data and your logo.
- You can sign up for a free trial account at Watchful.
- Click the "Reports" link in the sidebar.
- You can create as many report profiles as you like. In the image below, I've added some Joomlashack sites (we use Watchful here at Joomlashack).
- Click "New report" to create a new customer report.
- You can choose single-site reports or a multi-site report (with details of all the sites with a particular tag).
- You can then decide to set up a "Scheduled Email" or a "Manual download".
- Next, you can choose when these reports will be emailed. The available choices are "Weekly", "Monthly", and "Quarterly". In the image below, this report will be sent at 9am every Monday.
- Step 3 allows you to choose the data in your report. You can include traffic data from Google Analytics, uptime data for the site, plus a log of all the key activity on the site.
- In Step 4, you can white-label the report with these details:
- "Report title"
- "Prepared by"
- "Company logo" (the best choice is a landscape image)
- Click "Save report profile" and you're done.
- Click the "Download PDF" button and you'll get a copy of your new white-labeled report.
- Now sit back and relax. Every Monday at 9 am, you'll be emailed a copy of this report to check and then pass on to your customer.
So what do your reports look like? This image below is an example, showing 4 pages of a PDF report.
In this final image, I’ve highlighted the items that you can customize with your brand. There’s no mention of Watchful at all. This report is 100% white-labeled and ready to send to your customers.
Check out this Watchful intro video
Get 30 days free access to try Watchful
Watchful is a big help to our Joomlashack team. We get more done by using Watchful to automate all our site maintenance.
If you run multiple Joomla (or WordPress) sites, then give Watchful a try. They've got a 30-day free trial available: